July 14, 2009 Leave a comment
Because of the quick spread of the influenza, my colleagues and me are given out a face mask to protect ourselves.
Here are the facts about face mask taken from Bangkokpost.
Face mask facts
– Face masks help prevent the spread of droplets by the person wearing them.
– They keep splashed or sprays from reaching the mouth and nose of the person wearing them.
– They are not designed to protect you against breathing in very small particles.
– Consider wearing a face mask as if:
– You are sick with the flu and think you might come in close contact with other people.
– You live with someone who has the flu and you need to be in a crowded place.
– You are wll but need to be in a crowded place.
– You are caring for flu patients.
Now, Bangkokpost reports that schools and nurseries in Bangkok are ordered to close at least five days. Even worst, the death toll now rises to 24. That means three more persons died today.